Just Like Him

     As years are continually added to my life, I'm noticing the subtle similarities I've inherited and learned from my Dad. There are one-liners I may project or certain mannerisms that are more apparent today than ever before. I can't help but grin when I hear myself "scratch my throat" or make a statement that is an undeniable reflection of him. Now, maybe as a teen I wouldn't appreciate or accept someone saying, "That sounded just like your Dad." or "You looked like your Dad when you did that." But, as an adult, I receive such compliments. I aspire to be like my Dad. I have been blessed to live under his influence and fortunate to have a life-long relationship with him.
     In the tenth chapter of John, Jesus is frequently referencing His actions and words as a direct result of His Father. If the people Jesus was teaching had opened their spiritual eyes and recognized the God of scriptures to which they had devoted their lives, they would have associated the traits of Jesus to God, the Father. The tenth chapter of John gives a specific correlation between the Father and the Son.

"I and the Father are one." (verse 30) 

"Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." (verse 37)

     In a majority, unfortunately not a minority of people, circumstances have robbed or decisions have destroyed the opportunity for an earthly father to be recognized in their lives. Thankfully, everyone has a connection to their Heavenly Father if they receive the redemptive work of grace through Jesus. Salvation granted by His sacrifice is to reestablish the intended relationship to our Father that sin severs. Attributes of our Father in us are recognized by others when that relationship exists.
     "You act just like your Father and you sound like your Father" are statements that take on a new, cherished meaning. As much as I love my Dad, I long for people to daily reference me to my Heavenly Father. The world needs to and should be able to equate our actions and words to our Father. Every miracle Jesus performed, each person He embraced with love, and each lesson He taught was a display of His Father in Him. He wanted people to recognize God the Father and He honored Him by reflecting Him. What about us?

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you, Damien, for putting your Wrighteous Thoughts on "paper" so we can all read. You know how much I love it.
MCX Tips said…
Excellent post, impressive. It’s quite different from other posts.

thanks,
Sureshot Commodity Tips Free Trial
waoo nice post about Just Like Him

Thanks,

Mcx Tips Free Trial

Popular Posts